We’re currently hiring for a Development & Communications Director. To apply please send a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.
Development & Communications Director
A salary range will be shared prior to an interview
The Development & Communications Director is responsible for raising the profile of The Center for Great Neighborhoods locally, regionally, and nationally through press and social media, while also growing our fund development work through donations, grants, and campaigns. This role requires someone who is creative, organized, highly motivated, and has a proven track record of delivering results. The candidate selected will be leading the organization’s fund development and communications work, but will receive support, direction, and significant collaboration from the Executive Director and the program staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Provide leadership, design, and carry out a comprehensive development program for The Center, including but not limited to annual appeals, special events, and campaigns.
– Responsible for maintaining, updating, and growing the donor database.
Cultivate and solicit contributions from prospective and current individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
– Work with the Executive Director and program staff to craft language and strategy for appeals and grant applications.
– Identifies new sources of funds in the form of private foundations, grant opportunities, corporate sponsorship, and private donors.
– Annually set and achieve fundraising goals and timeline.
– Develop and maintain relationship with donors and funders through thank you letters, public recognition, reporting, etc.
– Provide leadership, design, and execute a communication strategy across multiple platforms including social media, email, and press releases.
– Work with the Executive Director and program staff to craft language and strategy for communicating effectively about our work to a wide variety of audiences, including locally residents and stakeholders, but also regionally and nationally in industry-relevant publications.
– Work with staff to more effectively reach and engage residents in our work.
– Develop media strategies that are creative, engaging, and speak to a strategic audience.
– Ensure written content style is consistent across all mediums and in line with The Center’s mission.
– Work with staff to compile data, achievements, and stories for publishing in the annual report.
– Understand, represent, and communicate effectively about The Center’s mission and values.
– Build and reinforce The Center’s mission and visibility through relationship building with community partners and organizations.
– Support projects, events, and programs of other staff as needed.
– Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
– Experience with community development and/or non-profit required.
– Fundraising/Grant writing experience preferred.
– Candidate should have exemplary writing and editing skills and evidence of previous work.
– Excellent with time management, project management, and relationship management.
– Must have the ability to work with diverse groups of people, to embrace and engage diverse groups, and understand the importance of cultural competency in these interactions.
– Experience working and communicating with a diverse audience required
– Must be self-motivated, organized, community oriented, and willing to learn new skills.
– Experience in Northern Kentucky strongly preferred.
– Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends for meetings and events as needed.
– Generous PTO policy.
– Employer sponsored health and dental insurance.
– Employer paid contributions to a 403b retirement account after 2 years
– Paid cell phone.
– Supportive and flexible working environment.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Supporting and embracing diversity is foundational to The Center. We are focused on creating an equitable community and that starts with our staff. The Center welcomes and encourages candidates to apply that also represent and embrace the diversity of our community across all races, genders, sexual orientations, religions, and ethnicities.